Ever wondered what FYI & FYA really mean?This is what we always use in the office when we send emails and this is what it really mean at the back of our minds. It is so true for all of us in the working world. For the noobs joining the working world, take heed. You need to outwit, outsmart and outplay your corporate competitors.
- I don't know what to do with this, so please keep it.
2) For your action. (FYA)
- I don't know what to do with this, so I'm passing this shit to you.
3) Noted and returned.
- I don't know what to do with this, so please keep it for a little while.
4) Review and comment.
- Do the dirty work so that I can forward it and sign off with my name.
5) Action please.
- Get yourself involved. Don't worry, I'll claim the credit.
6) For your necessary action.
- It's your headache now. Woohoo!!!
7) CC to
- Here's a share of the headache.
8) BCC to
- I'm telling someone important that I'm working and sharing the headache with you.
9) For your approval, please.
- Put your neck on the chopping board for me please. :D
10) Action is being taken and will revert in due time.
- I lost your correspondence and still trying to locate it.
- I'm busy! Bother me next week!!!
11) Please discuss.
- I don't know what this is all about. So please brief me.
12) For your immediate action.
- Do it NOW! Or we'll all get into trouble!!!
13) Please reply soon.
- Please be efficient. It makes me look inefficient because of you!
14) I am investigating/ processing your request with the relevant departments.
- They are causing the delay, not me! (Eyes open really big with an innocent look)
15) Thanks & Regards.
- Thanks for reading all this bullshit.
16) For Your Eyes. (FYE)
- I really don't want to be the snitch so I am sending this to you so you can tell the whole damn world.
17) End of Business day. (EOB)
- I'm just making your life miserable and I'm going for a movie later.